Thursday, June 21, 2007

Plans for this weekend

Hey guys! So I'm taking one last trip while I'm in China; and I'm very very excited...

Today I'm going to Huang Shan (Yellow Mts.) with my buddy Owen from Minneapolis. Huang Shan is located in Anhui Provence, which is only like 4-5 hours away. It's very close, and relatively cheap for us to get there.... we figured this will make up for the outrageous prices on the mountain for food, lodging, and opium (kiddin).


We will be going to the summit of one of the highest peaks in the whole mountain range. The hike will take us about 6-7 hourse going up, and then coming down we will take another trail that will take us around 2-3 hours. It's like any other tourist place in China, so yes I'm sure we will see our share of babes in heels, dudes in neat cowboy boots, and kids who just started walking 3 days ago; so this is why we decided to walk the hard way up: there will be less of that, and more scenery.

Here is a link to a page about Huang Shan: This way!

Ok we are leaving at 7, so I have to take a shower. Check back this week, I should have a bunch of pictures up here.

Happy hiking!

No comments: